Anyway, this guy lists the 5 basic premises for the existence of god. I list them here followed by my comments.
- The cosmological argument: the effect of the universe's existence must have a suitable cause.
- The teleological argument: the design of the universe implies a purpose or direction behind it.
- The rational argument: the operation of the universe, according to order and natural law, implies a mind behind it.
- The ontological argument: man's ideas of God (his God-consciousness) implies a God who imprinted such a consciousness..
- The moral argument: man's built-in sense of right and wrong can be accounted for only by an innate awareness of a code of law--an awareness implanted by a higher being.
I know these are all numbered 1. I hate word!